- About Us
- Living Options
- Events & News
- Making the Move
The Latest Community Status and Safety Measures
As we manage our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and health of our residents and staff remains our top priority. From the beginning of this health crisis, our actions have been guided by our healthcare professionals and medical directors, in compliance with mandates from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as the State and local departments of Health. Our goal is to provide open communication to the greatest degree possible so we can keep residents, families and staff members informed. To that end, we are providing the following resources:
COVID-19 Status Line: 732-521-6970
Call for a recorded message on current community status. This recording will be updated regularly.
Urgent Calls: 732-521-6400
Call 24/7 to reach Monroe Village for urgent matters.
Status Updates (Date of last update: 10/15/2021): Download PDF
Current healthcare community status report including information to help families know what is happening in loved one’s environment. This report will be updated regularly.
COVID-19 Vaccine Q & A (posted 12/22/2020): Download PDF
The approval of two vaccines by the Food and Drug Administration for use against COVID-19 is welcome news, but there are still many steps ahead to begin the process of vaccinations in our Springpoint communities. To address the many questions we have received from residents, family members and staff, we have developed this Q & A.
Springpoint COVID-19 Response Updates from Anthony A. Argondizza, Springpoint President and CEO: Read Here >
Outbreak Plan: View Outbreak Plan PDF >
The Monroe Village comprehensive plan to respond to infectious disease outbreaks.
Following is a summary of the key lessons learned by Springpoint and our communities from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Our Residents Inspire Us — the seniors we are privileged to care for are amazing individuals who inspire us with their resilience, grace and spirit. Through their gratitude and words of encouragement, our residents often raised the spirts of the staff as the staff did in kind. In some ways, the shared experience of the pandemic has created a special bond between our staff and residents.
- Our employees are heroes — Our Springpoint heroes spent time away from home, with the residents we are privileged to care for. Our leadership team recognized and acknowledged the sacrifice of the staff through an incentive bonus program and recognition events.
- Education is Essential — Springpoint quickly enacted an educational plan to ensure the safety and health of all of the residents, staff and families based on the outbreak and community level infection rate. We ensure that infection control is a priority in each community and guides our response to the evolving situation.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Procurement — Sourcing and maintaining sufficient stockpiles of PPE for our staff is critical to ensuring continued success in our battle to curb the virus. Springpoint has a dedicated resource focused on PPE procurement and supply chain management to assure that each of community has at least a 90-day supply along with a central bank of additional supply to remain stocked and ready in case of outbreak.
- Communication to all stakeholders is critical to success — From the outset, Springpoint and each community focused on making sure residents, staff and family members alike were kept informed regarding our response to the pandemic and evolving directives from health officials, the ongoing case status and what we were doing to keep our communities safe.
- Importance of Testing and Data — It is critical to have facts on which to base our clinical decisions and effectively guide our care. We recognize that data must drive our clinical decisions and human needs drive our person centered care decisions. Meeting the data-driven quality care standards while maintaining a high-level of human caring is the science and art behind living at a Springpoint community.
Latest Message From Our CEO Anthony Argondizza – 02/16/2021
Dear Residents, Staff and Families;
As the New Jersey COVID-19 vaccination program began in late December for those deemed highest priority, our Springpoint communities were proud to be a part of the first wave of vaccinations. We have been working with pharmacy partners and health officials to coordinate clinics and are vaccinating staff and residents in all of our Life Plan and Affordable Housing communities.
Our first vaccination clinic was held on December 28 and we will hold clinics continuously through the middle of March. As of February 15, a total of 62 clinics have been offered including 29 within our Life Plan Communities and 33 within the Affordable Housing Communities. Vaccination days have been joyous occasions in the communities with banners, balloons and signs as residents and staff receive the long-awaited shot in the arm.
Springpoint selected CVS Pharmacy and Walgreens to manage the distribution and immunization process, and both groups have done a terrific job. Overall, the clinics have been very successful. Currently, the Life Plan Community resident and employee vaccination rates are 87% and 51%, respectively. Similarly, the Affordable Housing resident vaccination rate is 70%, and 55% for its employees. While our final participations rates will not be known until the last clinics are completed, registrations for the vaccine have risen with each scheduled clinic, signifying a positive reaction to our training and education programs.
Springpoint is excited to be able to administer this life-saving vaccine. As second shots are provided and immunity levels build, we look forward to a time when we can return to something closer to normal. Our health services team and community leadership are developing plans to fully open the communities and restore the programs and services that make our communities special places to live. We are very optimistic that better days will soon be here. For now, we will continue to follow all safety protocols as prescribed by local, state and federal officials until we receive the “all clear”.
It is hard to believe that it has been nearly one year since the pandemic caused our lives to change so drastically. While it has been an extraordinarily difficult year for all of us, I am grateful for the compassion and determination shown by our staff and leadership teams, and for their many sacrifices during this unprecedented time. They truly are Springpoint heroes.
Lastly, to all of our residents and families, your trust and resilience inspire me. Your support and kind words have sustained us during the most difficult days, now serving as the perfect motivation as we plan for the brighter days that lie ahead. Best wishes to all of you for continued good health and happiness.
Anthony A. Argondizza
President & CEO
To view our COVID-19 Response Updates from our CEO, click here.
Here are some resources that may be useful to you and your family on COVID-19 (Coronavirus):
- Center for Disease Control
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- New Jersey Department of Health
- Delaware Health and Social Services
- COVID-19 Resources