LivWell: A holistic approach to living and being well.
The award-winning senior wellness program—LivWell—goes far beyond conventional senior living activities. Recognized for innovation by LeadingAge New Jersey, the LivWell philosophy is “to provide the opportunity to engage in experiences that support a high quality of life, personal choice, lifelong development, and an optimal sense of well-being.”
More than just an activity program, LivWell focuses on whole-person wellness, catering to each of seven dimensions of wellness with a deep understanding of our physical, intellectual, emotional, social, environmental, spiritual, and vocational needs. Everyone who’s part of the Monroe Village family undergoes training, working hand in hand with residents to develop this programming that points the way to a more engaged, stimulating life, filled with the pursuits they value most.
Learn more about LivWell programming at Monroe Village. Just use the easy contact form or call (732) 338-8377.
A better quality of life
LivWell is about choice—the choice to decide your level of engagement within the community. As part of our new resident orientation, we’ll create your unique profile utilizing tools like our Lifestyle Questionnaire to curate programming based on your personal goals. Whether you love swimming, woodworking, 5K walking, or just want to dance at your granddaughter’s wedding, LivWell designs high-quality activities to help you get there.
Blending seven dimensions of life for optimum health and wellness.
- Onsite Health and Wellness Education
- Aquatic Classes
- Brain Workouts
- Tai Chi
- Balance Classes/Stand Tall, Don’t Fall
- Community Connections/Local Volunteer Opportunities
- Guided Meditation
- Resident Scholar Lectures
- Daily Fitness Classes
- Aquatic Classes
- Golf Membership
- Technology Education and Design Talks (TED)
- History Lectures
- Current News Discussion
- Socrates Café – Philosophy Group
- Entertainment and Movies
- New Beginnings Group (Welcoming Committee)
- Diversity Group
- Men’s Group
- Garden/Greenhouse Group
- Religious/Spiritual services
- Thirsty Thursdays – Happy Hour
- Secular Spirituality Group
- Creative Arts Classes
- Bocce and Pickle Ball
- Resident Association
- Town Hall Meeting
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Book Club
- Indoor Games- chess, checkers, billiards, etc.
- Caregivers Exchange Group
- Walking groups
Our nationally renowned partners include:
- The National Institute on Aging
- The National Institutes of Health
- International Council on Active Aging
- Total Brain Health
- Exercise is Medicine®-ACSM