Fun Indoor Activities to Escape the ColdJanuary 15, 2020
Do you struggle trying to think of new, creative ways to spend your time during the winter months? Although you may be spending more time indoors to avoid the frigid temperatures, that doesn’t mean your days have to be boring. Keep reading to find a few ideas for fun indoor activities you can enjoy.
6 Indoor Activities for Seniors
- Complete a Puzzle: For a challenging activity, look no further than completing a puzzle. You have your pick of jigsaw puzzles, word searches, crosswords, logic puzzles and much more. To add even more excitement, grab a friend and see who can finish a puzzle in the least amount of time.
- Take a Trip Down Memory Lane: Devote some time to reminiscing on the past. Whether it be watching old home movies or flipping through scrapbooks from years past, it’s nice to look back at memories and the special moments that have happened in your life.
- Make a New Recipe: Now’s the time to experiment in the kitchen. Whether it be an heirloom recipe you’ve never had the chance to try for yourself or a more complex pastry you’ve found in a cookbook, roll up your sleeves and spend some time making delicious food.
- Play Board and Card Games: Playing board and card games is an enjoyable activity that can keep your brain sharp. Although classics like Scrabble and Rummy are great options, don’t shy away from newer games like Apples to Apples, as well.
- Visit a Museum: If you’re willing to brave the cold during a walk from the car to the front doors, visiting a museum is an enriching way to spend the afternoon. It’s important to still get out of the house during winter months, and there’s no better way to do this than by experiencing a cultural expedition in a heated building. Plus, many museums offer a senior-citizen discount or free admission.
- Find a Routine at the Gym: While running or playing outdoor activities may not be ideal during cold months, winter is a great time to get into a new physical fitness routine at the gym. Whether it be lifting weights or walking on an indoor track, find a routine that works for you to keep your body moving.
Experience an Enriching Lifestyle at Monroe Village
At Monroe Village, a continuing care retirement community for active seniors, we encourage healthy aging and vibrant days filled with activities. Although our stunning campus hosts amenities such as a community garden and a shuffleboard court, there are many ways to spend your time while indoors, as well. Whether it be curling up to read a book by the fireplace or taking an aqua aerobics class in our indoor heated pool, you’ll find plenty of ways to stay involved in the community without ever leaving the building.
Come see for yourself! Contact us today to learn more and schedule your personal tour.