How to Make Your Walk-In Closet Feel LuxuriousNovember 30, 2021
If you’re of a certain age, you probably remember growing up in a home with a standard size closet space equipped with one lonely rod and a few shelves you could barely reach. Some didn’t even have a light inside. Today, closets have taken on star status. And the king of them all, the walk-in closet with a “place for everything” storage system, has become one of life’s great luxuries. To take it to the next level though, you’re going to want some great walk-in closet ideas. Read on to see how to turn a walk-in closet into a luxurious fashion haven for women––and men, too. You deserve it!
Walk-In Closet Goals and Storage Ideas
You have three key goals to keep in mind when it comes to making the most of your walk-in closet. The first is to maximize your closet space. The second is to raise the bar on comfort and functionality. The third goal is to not skimp on luxury features!
To inspire your closet organization, we’ve compiled several designer-recommended walk-in closet ideas divided by each goal:
6 walk-in closet ideas that help maximize your closet space:
- Invest in good-quality, matching hangers … your clothes deserve this high-end luxury
- Add drawer dividers to keep items like socks and lingerie tidier
- Ditch cardboard shoe boxes for clear matching shoe boxes for easier searching
- Invest in matching fabric storage boxes with labels for hats, purses, etc.
- Maximize vertical storage with speciality hangers for pants, shoes, etc.
- Use the higher shelves for seasonal storage or infrequently used items
5 easy additions that raise the bar on your walk-in closet’s comfort and functionality:
- Place a small chair or a bench inside for putting on shoes.
- Use a shelf to place a lighted vanity mirror for putting on jewelry.
- Be sure to tuck a sturdy step stool somewhere to reach high storage.
- Add valet hooks to unused walls to hang robes, belts, etc.
- One walk-in closet idea we absolutely love is to arrange clothes by color … think of the displays you see at high-end shops.
5 simple ways to add luxury features to your walk-in closet:
- Enhance the lighting with LED strips above your racks and mirror.
- Place a couple of lovely artificial plants in unused nooks.
- Add a small bar-height table if space allows. It’s great for a mirror, jewelry dishes, wallet and change, etc.
- Purse hooks and belt racks, and a hanging jewelry cabinet are also wonderful additions.
- Hang a full length mirror on the back of the closet door for a final self-check.
Life’s Little Luxuries Abound in Our Senior Living Community
When you move to Monroe Village in Monroe, New Jersey, you gain so much! From the freedom of a lock-and-leave lifestyle to friendly neighbors, a vibrant slate of activities, and your choice of wonderful independent living options, it’s all there for you to enjoy.
Most important, you’ll have your very own spacious walk-in closet, complete with an impressive shelving and storage system! Just add your favorite walk-in closet ideas to make it your own. Contact us for more details, and then be sure to schedule a visit so we can show you around. We look forward to meeting you!