Why Are Hearing Aids Important?January 9, 2020
Scientific advancements over the years has led to innumerable inventions that improves the quality of our lives, especially in the healthcare field. From prosthetic limbs to the increase in the health IT field, including wireless and mobile devices, these advancements lead to healthier individuals living a longer, better life. One of those useful inventions is the hearing aid.
A hearing aid is a small electronic device that you wear behind your ear and assists in amplifying sounds so the wearer is better able to hear the noises around them. This helps those with hearing loss boost their ability to listen, communicate and participate in daily activities. As useful as these devices may be, “only about one in five people who would benefit from a hearing aid actually uses one.”
Hearing aids offer a number of benefits for the wearers. Keep reading to learn some of the main benefits of correcting hearing loss with hearing aids.
How Hearing Aids Improve Your Life
- Hearing aid users enjoy better overall health. These tools are able to reverse social, emotional and communication dysfunctions caused by hearing impairment, leading to a happier, healthier lifestyle.
- Hearing aid users are more likely to be active. Those helping their hearing impairment are more likely to involve themselves in activities involving other people.
- Hearing aid users lead a more independent life. When you can’t hear your surroundings, you may become nervous and unsure and rely on other people to do things for you. By using an assistive device like a hearing aid, you gain greater independence by being able to complete tasks yourself.
- Hearing aid users have better cognitive health. Several studies have shown an increased risk of developing dementia and reduced cognitive function when hearing impairment goes untreated.
- Hearing aid users are better able to connect to others. Understanding others and proper communication leads to deeper connections between family and friends.
- Hearing aid users have greater self-confidence. Hearing-impaired people with hearing aids have better cognitive functioning and stronger self-image, leading to a more self-assured individual.
Learn More About Quality Senior Living at Monroe Village
At Monroe Village, we are focused on offering high-quality senior living services so you can live the best life you possibly can. What makes our community stand out is LivWell, our award-winning holistic wellness program. This wellness program ensures better health is at the core of all of our offerings, from nutritious dining options to daily activities like fitness classes, art groups and more.
Contact us today to learn more about our community and to schedule your personal tour.