Active Senior Living for a Healthy Life
Senior Living | 02/25/21
According to scientific research, regular physical activity can increase your longevity by years. It can also help you with weight control, lowering blood pressure, improving bone strength and more. When you choose to stay active in every stage of life, you’re making a choice to improve both your mental and physical health.
Of course, exercise doesn’t have to be strenuous activities like running for miles or lifting heavy weights. Physical activity can include simple choices like choosing to take the stairs rather than ride the elevator or biking to an errand instead of driving. Choosing to do activities like these can help improve your overall health.
Below are a few of the benefits you’ll receive from active living, as well as ways you can get involved at Monroe Village with our LivWell program.
Enjoy an Active and Healthy Life with the LivWell Program at Monroe Village
- LivWell focuses on every dimension of wellness. LivWell is our award-winning, holistic wellness program that focuses on whole-body wellness. This is more than just a weekly Bingo game or a few exercises in a multipurpose room. Instead, LivWell focuses on every aspect of healthy living: your physical, intellectual, emotional, social, environment, spiritual and vocational needs.
- LivWell is tailored to you. When you join Monroe Village or any of the Springpoint communities, you’re invited to take a questionnaire that helps us to recognize the goals that are most important to you. Our staff takes that information and shares LivWell programs that would suit your needs or lifestyle using the resources within the community.
- Everything is your choice. When you participate in the LivWell program, everything is your decision. While we’ll encourage you to participate in activities that speak to each dimension of wellness, you’ll never be forced to partake in things that you don’t enjoy. At Monroe Village, we believe you should live life on your own terms.
- There are a multitude of ways you can get involved. Monroe Village offers numerous ways to stay physically active, including dance classes, kick boxing, yoga, Tai Chi and so much more. And that doesn’t even include all the activities that that focus on mental, emotional, social, environmental, spiritual and vocational health. There are plenty of indoor and outdoor activities for you to enjoy and stay active. Is there something we don’t have that you enjoy? Talk to a staff member about new offerings. If you have skills to share, you may find yourself improving your vocational health by sharing your knowledge with others!
- Take in the scenery. One of the simplest ways you can improve on active living is to just get outside for a stroll. At Monroe Village, we boast of manicured walking paths for residents to enjoy every day. You can also take a break by the community garden, the shuffleboard court, our campus pond and so much more.
Discover Opportunities for Active Living at Monroe Village
At Monroe Village, everything we do is imbedded with wellness. Shirley Friedlander is just one of the many residents that have taken advantage of everything our campus has to offer. “It’s been terrific. I go to morning exercise class — Tai Chi is great! I still have my Bridge game and social life. I have met old friends and new acquaintances. I think that’s important as we age — to meet new people and have good conversation every day. I could go on and on about how much fun I am having, but it’s better for you to experience for yourself.”
Contact our team today to learn more about how you can enjoy active living opportunities in our community or schedule your personal tour.