What Are the Advantages of Living in a Senior Living Community?
Senior Living | 01/8/21
Retirement is an exciting stage in your life. You have more time to go out and explore the world or to simply relax and enjoy each day as it comes. And there’s no better way to enjoy life to the fullest extent than by choosing to move to a senior living community.
Maybe you’re well-aware of senior living communities in your area, like Springpoint Life Plan Communities (also known as continuing care retirement communities), but you aren’t sure what they really offer. Senior living communities combine an independent lifestyle, hospitality and access to all levels of healthcare all in one convenient location.
Making the move to a senior living community is an exciting choice to make, but you may be wondering — what are the benefits of making this move?
10 Benefits of Senior Living
- Enriching Opportunities to Improve Your Overall Health & WellnessSenior living communities often offer health and wellness programs and activities right within the community. LivWell, Monroe Village’s holistic wellness program, touches on all seven dimensions of wellness to offer the opportunity to achieve any and all wellness goals you have.
- No More Home MaintenanceSay goodbye to weekly housekeeping tasks, raking leaves and shoveling snow. Maintenance-free living means that our caring staff takes care of maintenance and upkeep, so you can sit back and enjoy the things you love to do most.
- A Secure Financial FutureSenior living communities offer a financially secure lifestyle and peace of mind that your needs will be taken care of, now and in the future. We get to know you and provide options that will help you tailor a plan that makes the most sense for you. Plus, one monthly check coving the majority of your lifestyle expenses allows for easier planning.
- Decreased Risk of Social IsolationStaying socially active has a major impact on your health and living in a community with your peers makes it easier than ever to engage with others. You’ll find a diverse range of daily and weekly activities at senior living communities, all designed to keep you engaged with others who share your interests.
- Eased Concerns of Family MembersBy moving to a senior living community, you’ll ease concerns of family members who are worried about future healthcare needs. By staying in a comfortable community with resources surrounding you, your needs will be met now and in the future.
- Access to Quality Healthcare OfferingsYou can rest easy knowing that, should your health needs ever change, the level of supportive services you require can adjust to those needs in a Life Plan Communities. Life Plan Communities offer a true continuum of care, from independent living to assisted living, skilled nursing, memory care and rehabilitation.
- Boosted IndependenceYou’ll actually be more independent than ever as a resident of a senior living community! With tasks like home maintenance taken care of for you and a community filled with engaging amenities, you’ll find more time than ever to live your days exactly as you wish.
- Access to a Wide Variety of Services and AmenitiesBeyond your personal living space, senior living communities offer amenities and services available to you. These amenities can range from dining services, fitness centers, art studios and workshops, wellness clinics and more.
- Increased Safety and Security MeasuresSenior living communities plan for your future, no matter what it may bring. With a vast network of resources and safety, security and emergency measures, you’ll experience the feeling of safety in your own home.
- An Opportunity to Make a New HomeYou’re not only making a move to ensure a plan for your future — you’re choosing a place to make your home. Truly enjoy the experience of the move and the ability to downsize to a home that suits your needs during your retirement years.
Discover the Best Community Living for Seniors at Monroe Village
More and more often, seniors are recognizing the many benefits of moving to Monroe Village. Don’t just take our word for it, though. Come see for yourself! We invite you to contact us today to schedule your personal tour (either virtual or in-person). While on your tour, we’re happy to answer any questions you may have and discuss our contract options available that will best suit your needs.
Want to learn more about the benefits of senior living? We invite you to download our FREE guide 10 Benefits of Senior Living at Springpoint!