Our Guide to a Successful Spring Clean of Your Home
Healthy Aging | 04/10/20
As we welcome spring, we may also be in the mood for some seasonal cleaning. There’s nothing quite like the crisp, fresh smell in the air accompanied by a newly cleaned home. Keep reading for our list of top tips for spring cleaning.
Top Tips for Spring Cleaning
- Gather Your Cleaning Supplies: From brooms and mops to kitchen and tile cleaner and even a caddy to carry it all in, you’ll need plenty of tools to help you thoroughly clean your place. Check out this list of essential spring-cleaning supplies to get you started.
- Get Organized: Start by making a list of what needs to be done and your priorities in the home. This offers you a source to make your schedule from and allows you to check off when tasks are done.
- Tackle One Room at a Time: By going from room to room, you’re able to break your home down into smaller areas and avoid looking at spring cleaning as one large project. This will help you feel less overwhelmed and offers you the opportunity to celebrate when each area is done.
- Don’t Be Scared of the Kitchen and Bathroom: Since these rooms tend to collect the most grime and dirt, give yourself some extra time to get the job done. Pay special attention to the kitchen and bathroom and make sure each area of the rooms is taken care of.
- Declutter: As you go from room to room, spring cleaning offers you the perfect opportunity to declutter your belongings. Make note of the items that don’t get used or aren’t needed anymore and get rid of them by throwing them away, donating them or selling them.
- Search for “Cleaning Hacks”: Did you know that a lemon can help you remove stains from faucets? Or that dryer sheets allow you to protect your baseboards from hair and dust? Search for a list of cleaning hacks online, like this one, to help you better clean certain areas of your household.
- Clear Out the Cabinets: Now is the time to get rid of those containers that constantly fall every time you open the cabinets. Clean your cabinets by taking everything out, wiping them down and placing each item back in in an organized manner.
- Clean Each Room from Top to Bottom: By going from top to bottom, you’ll force debris and dirt downwards and avoid having to reclean areas that you’ve already done. Start with your ceilings and work down to the floors in each room.
- Be Mindful of Allergies: You’ll likely notice dust moving around your home on furniture and fixtures while you’re cleaning. To avoid allergies, wear protective clothing, like long sleeves and gloves, and a mask if necessary.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Ask for Help: Ask for help from family or friends to help you tackle certain tasks and get the job done. You don’t need to do this alone!
Discover an All-Inclusive Lifestyle at Monroe Village
At Monroe Village, there’s no need to worry about chores and cleaning – we take care of those things for you. Our all-inclusive senior living lifestyle allows you to enjoy maintenance-free living that allows you to experience a carefree, independent living lifestyle. With complete peace of mind, you will be able to fully enjoy what you love to do. Your monthly fee includes housekeeping, outdoor maintenance and safety and security.
Contact our team today to learn more and schedule your personal tour.